Monday, February 13, 2012

Technology Will Fail You!

All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, and the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness. ~Mark Kennedy With this being our sixth blog post you would think that students would no longer procrastinate concerning their assignments. This laziness and characteristic of procrastination has become due to our heavy dependence upon modern technology. And though we are capable of much more these technological inventions as listed above have given us the ability to rely less on our own creativity and more upon: Google, Wikipedia, and Answers.com. I have come to the conclusion that most of us are not only dependent but addicted to technology, whether it is television, social media, and/or use of transporation be it automobiles or airplanes. Not only have these technological inventions affected our work ethic, it has been deemed that technology addiction has began to disrupt teenage learning abilities. So my biggest challenge throughout this has been and will be dealing with procrastination and not "half assing" assignments because in the end it will affect my overall average. Similarly, last week after being informed on how insane it is to procrastinate I waited to the last minute to complete my blog post. And around 9:59 p.m. I was attempting to turn in my blog post memo and all of the internet was operating properly excluding the most important section, the assignment submit tab. So I rapidly and frantically began to brainstorm ways that I could turn in my assignment. Finally, I got the assignment turned in and but the I learned a valuable lesson that, "Technology will fail you". Therefore I would encourage you all to learn from my mistakes and complete your assignments ahead of time and relieve yourself of a bucket load of unnecessary stress.

1 comment:

  1. Okay I totally agree with you on that note us as citizens pride ourselves on conforming to the modern technology . We as a people sometimes determined our social satus by how many different pieces of technology we know how to properly operate . How many different devices that we master. So by ths generation being so techniqully obsessed we really depend on technology way to much.

    ReplyDelete