Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Visual Learners

To be honest when this project was first presented to us I was a little unsure about whether we should participate or not. Up until now I was unaware of the content on the website as well as the diversity of the assignments. Diversity defined as a range of different things. I would really enjoy a course of this nature because it gives the student freedom to elaborate on subjects of their interest. The course is so diverse that it was difficult to settle on just one assignment for the next blog post.

If I had to choose on one assignment topic it would be either design or visual assignments. During grade school I discover that I was a visual learner. And throughout my academic career I have utilized the established techniques and recommendations I have stumbled upon. Visual learners account for around thirty-five percent of the population; they prefer charts, graphs, data, and photographs. Tailoring visual presentations and/or media will assist them in becoming active learners. And this course in my opinion caters to visual learners as well as others which is difficult to find in college settings.

While looking through the ds106 website I found multiple assignments that I would love to participate in. Although settling on just one assignment was a bit more difficult that I had anticipated. Being a visual learner scientific projects catch my attention such as behavior habits. Therefore creating a "what people think I do " was something that I found very interesting. And I would have never imagined that students would enjoy academically assignments so mouth that they would share them on social networks such as Facebook.

 Via these sorts of assignments we have the ability to tie our passions into subjects such as English composition. To judge beforehand without possessing adequate evidence is prejudgment is something that the “What People Think I do” activity focuses on. Subjects such as prejudgment, stereotypes, and prejudice are things that I am able to elaborate on because these are discussed in scientific behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment